What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another cool picture

AX-O

Well Known Member
Found this picture looking around the internet this week. It was taken by Mark Loper

This photo was taken after our (West Coast Ravens) California Capital Airshow performance over Folsom Lake, CA.

Lead Tim "Tank" Redden,
#2 Axel "A.C." Alvarez,
#3 Dan "Nordo" West,
#4 Rob "Rotor" Chambers

Ravens.jpg

Cool :D

Mark is going to be getting some air-to-air of our plane one of these days, gonna be framed up nice and make a present for my wife---------she did the color and paint layout so she deserves a nice photo;)

Mark Loper

This photo was taken after our (West Coast Ravens) California Capital Airshow performance over Folsom Lake, CA.

Lead Tim "Tank" Redden,
#2 Axel "A.C." Alvarez,
#3 Dan "Nordo" West,
#4 Rob "Rotor" Chambers

Ravens.jpg

Axel, there's the perfect number of wheels in that picture, just too many wheel pants!

Happy New Year to you guys out there.

Axel, there's the perfect number of wheels in that picture, just too many wheel pants!

Yeah that nose wheel guy needs love too. We also had Rosie and Sun Block as 5 and 6 but to get that picture we were way outside the FFI references and it was tough to fly. The tail end was working hard. We have a picture of all 6 of us over the Capital.

Happy new year to you guys too!

How come it takes so many pilots just to navigate one heading???

I dont understand your comment/question.

I like the boat as he turns for a better view.

I would have done the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah that nose wheel guy needs love too. We also had Rosie and Sun Block as 5 and 6 but to get that picture we were way outside the FFI references and it was tough to fly. The tail end was working hard. We have a picture of all 6 of us over the Capital.

Happy new year to you guys too!

I like the boat as he turns for a better view.

I would have done the same.

Yeah that nose wheel guy needs love too. We also had Rosie and Sun Block as 5 and 6 but to get that picture we were way outside the FFI references and it was tough to fly. The tail end was working hard. We have a picture of all 6 of us over the Capital. <snip>

For those not versed in formation, AX-O is absolutely correct in that we were WAY out of limits (visual cues) so this flight was performed with the best of the best pilots to be safe. I can tell you that the wing step of #4 (Rotor) was in-line with the where the flap meets the fuselage...yes...I felt like I was looking straight up. Once I got the sight-line figured out, the wing roots all lined up for a moment every now and then. Here's the picture by Mark Loper over the Capitol in Sacramento :) Rosie

PS: AX-O's picture below just reminded me that we did this in the afternoon and also had the sun-in-the-face to contend with...

Last edited:
This is a picture from Rotor's plane during that shot. It was taken by his wife.
image.jpg

That's funny rant thar! Careful though, Rotor gets wind of the rib and he'll emoticon us into oblivion! :D (Rosie has his six on this dogfight too :rolleyes:;))

Pretty sure he's jokin' AC! :p

It's a great pic…Mark does a great job…and you guys look good! :)

Cheers,
Bob

Back