What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for special PTT switch

CAVU Mark

Well Known Member
I am working of a project that could use 2 PTT switches, however I do not have enough space in the control stick grip (small wood ball) to include 2 regular PTT switches (radio and intercom requirements). An intercom manufacturer told me about a helicopter switch which is a push button 2-stage switch that will engage one circuit (intercom) with a half push and the other circuit with a full push (radio).

I like this idea but have been unable to find such a beast. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Consider a three position spring loaded fore/aft switch. Forward to transmit, back for intercom, and center off.

Consider a three position spring loaded fore/aft switch. Forward to transmit, back for intercom, and center off.

That's exactly what we had on our C-124s.

For those unaware, the C-124 is NOT a Cessna!

OTTO looking good

The P2 from OTTO looks like the right part. I did speak with them midday but needed to speak to the "Distribution Manager" since I was essentially a one off customer. Understood. Waiting for his call.

Now I need to find a distributor. EDMO didn't help.

Thanks all who responded. You are all welcome to a WWII L bird flight when in San Diego (and the plane is completed).

OTTO switches $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The correct OTTO switch, P2-311122 is only $130 each from distribution. Delivery is 12 weeks out.

Guess I'll just install a large pedal switch like on mom's old sewing machine. Ain't this fun!

Back