Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > Job Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2021, 05:28 AM

Lemos can also be found over at Adventure Rider. He has been called out there too. Who knows how many other sites he trolls.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem46 View Post
- The RV 10 in the Kitplanes article is not his, it has never been his. Check the N number. The photo in that article is years old. No telling where he got it from.
I may be loosing faith in KitPlanes then. I see that Myron Nelson ("woxofswa" on VAF) wrote the article that the sidebar is part of ("Buying Used: Van's RV-10"). Maybe he can add some info and comment on any vetting that KitPlanes does before they publish something. If the speculation is correct, I would expect KitPlanes to print a retraction and apology for the false and fabricated information they published.

(Hopefully I can still believe those articles written by that Dan Horton guy! Just kidding, just kidding!)

Last edited by RV8JD : 11-12-2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:47 PM
VAF Moderator / Line Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV8JD View Post
I may be loosing faith in KitPlanes then. I see that Myron Nelson ("woxofswa" on VAF) wrote the article that the sidebar is part of ("Buying Used: Van's RV-10"). Maybe he can add some info and comment on any vetting that KitPlanes does before they publish something. If the speculation is correct, I would expect KitPlanes to print a retraction and apology for the false and fabricated information they published.

(Hopefully I can still believe those articles written by that Dan Horton guy! Just kidding, just kidding!)
I can assure you Carl, we take things like this very seriously, and Marc and Myron will be looking in to it.

Paul
RV-6 (By Marriage) - N164MS - "Mikey"
RV-3B - N13PL - "Tsamsiyu"
A&P, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor
Dayton Valley Airpark (A34)
http://Ironflight.com

Last edited by Ironflight : 11-13-2021 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:14 AM

Default What an interesting time we live in…

First off, please accept my apologies for Kitplanes having published erroneous information. We work very hard to make our content as accurate as we can, and we slipped up here.

That said, I can say that over the period we’ve been doing these Buying Used stories, this is the first time we’ve been bamboozled by someone claiming to be someone he’s not. As you can imagine, we spend the bulk of the time getting the facts straight in the main part of the story, then solicit commentary from builders and owners to help fill out the picture. I always felt this provided a broader and more accurate portrayal of the airplane in question than simply doing the research and presenting a standard feature story.

Because we have always received useful and honest information from builders, it’s easy to take everything at face value. In general, the homebuilt-aviation community is made up of incredible, honest people. We have taken that for granted.

Starting now, when we receive a reader comment for these stories, we’ll take a few basic steps to validate ownership (or buildership) before publishing. Myron didn't know to do this because it was not our SOP at the time—again, we had never had an instance that caused us to call a reader's veracity into question.

It’s a sad commentary that we even have to take these precautions, but we do and we will.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:54 AM

Folks this has gotten out of hand. Please cease and desist calling me a fake. Time after time I have invited any doubters to my home airport for a informal bbq or to remote airports as a fly in. I get no takers. It is as if people want to stay online as trollers to call me a fake and if we met in person you’d then have to admit to being wrong.

My offer stands if you want to fly out to me for lunch let’s do it. If you want me to fly to you let’s do it. But please, stop insulting my character. I’m a commercial owner-operator-driver and typically try to work a 3 week on 2 week off schedule. When I am off my schedule is wide open and I love to fly so name a time and a place and I’ll be there to put this to rest once in for all.