- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 10-31-2021, 01:57 PM

Default Austin to Boston - Fun Airports to Visit

Buying a Cherokee to fill the gap while I build my RV10 (waiting for my kit due in December).

Planning a flight from Austin to Boston after purchase and looking for some hidden airport gems to stop in for a meal, quick visit or an overnight.

Any and all recommendations welcomed

Thanks

Adam
Old 10-31-2021, 08:11 PM

Default TN or KY

Houston County, McKinnon, TN, M93, on KY Lake, has the Southernaire Motel you can walk to. Never spent the night but their breakfast is great. Park at the end of runway 26.

Rough River State Park, 2I3, in KY is really nice. Walk to the lodge, theyíve got rooms and cabins. Been there for breakfast and lunch and itís really good. No services but plenty of tie down area.

Have fun!
Flying as of August 14, 2015
TN26
Old 11-02-2021, 10:00 PM

Default KLEX

Wife and I spent a weekend in Lexington a couple months ago. FBO staff was remarkable, one of the guys was getting his new -7 painted. Hangars are beautiful, look like giant horse barns. Keeneland horse facility is right by the airport. Between 0600-1000, can watch the trainers run the horses then eat at the trainers cafeteria. Had a ball. (Also very good old fashions at Carsonís downtown). If you end up north near ASW, let me know, we have plenty of room.