What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grapevine AZ Camping

YellerDaisy

Well Known Member
My RV-4 buddy and I (RV-3) had a swell camping trip to the Grapevine Arizona backcountry airstrip a couple weeks back. My full report is here on my blog and includes a video that my buddy put together.

Grapevine is not your typical backcountry airstrip (paved) and the Arizona Pilots Association is working hard to convince the powers that be (Forest Service, I think) to open it full time. They are planning a relatively big bash there the third weekend of February so stop by and check it out if you can. See the AZPilots site for details.

DSCN4202_800.jpg

Fun Fun Fun

Looks like you and Magic had a great trip. I want to do that but I think I will wait until it warms a bit. (I don't have 2 sleeping bags and all the other aids you had, I live in Florida :D )

I hope all is well and I may see you early April in NM.

Looks like you and Magic had a great trip. I want to do that but I think I will wait until it warms a bit. (I don't have 2 sleeping bags and all the other aids you had, I live in Florida :D )

I hope all is well and I may see you early April in NM.

Hi Gary! Yes - please let me know if you are in the area.

Apparently, I'm a baby when it comes to dentists and camping. Just returned from the Cactus Antique Fly-In at Casa Grande, AZ where I spent two nights camping and was kinda hot both nights (82 for the high on Sat, I was told). Like an old woman - too hot - too cold... whaa, whaa, whaaa...

:)

Back