What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bits of Philly and Captain Steve

Vlad

Well Known Member
I was grounded for couple hours due to a crack in baffle doubler. By the time I got to my hangar Tony chased short final two times. I desperately needed a well equipped shop to repair that baffle and voila: what could be better!!!

Up we go in Tweety. Cousin wanted to check if I have any change in my pockets and rolled me over so unexpectedly if I had any kopeks they would have fallen out. :D

1.jpg

We went to see first US Capital.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Circled the downtown. It's like mini NY :)

6.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

Interesting facility. Looks like a penitentiary.

5.jpg

His favorite team lives here.

10.jpg

Upscale dining spots. Expensive steak is there.

9.jpg

They also have a little airport with scheduled airline service. They played busy but could not refuse cousin :)

11.jpg

Let's go for cheaper food. Where? New Gardens Airport has a pancake breakfast.

12.jpg

Met couple buddies there. Jeff and Mark with his Pottstown gang. It was my turn to buy and I spent $14 (!!) on food.

While at New Garden we met very colorful character. Captain Steve is his name.

13.jpg

Captain Steve explored Tweety's glass and was very pleased.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Time was a premium, the doubler still not fixed and I have to report to work afternoon.

Short hop to check Spitfire aerodrome. It happens I know the former owner.

16.jpg

Then to the shop.

17.jpg

Bang bam doubler done.

18.jpg

Left a little mess in perfect shop, in 20 minutes was at the hangar and in two hours in NYC. Thanks Tony for great ride!

Thank you Vlad for spending $14 at our Pancake Breakfast. I know that is two plus hours less you will fly this year ;^)
I had the pleasure of giving Captain Steve his first airplane ,Young Eagles ride after he checked out Tonys bird. It was a great day for flying.

We pointed him in your direction, Jeff! I told him THAT'S the bird you want to fly in. I guess he took our advice!

And $14 to Vlad is about 3.67 flying hours.

We pointed him in your direction, Jeff! I told him THAT'S the bird you want to fly in. I guess he took our advice!

And $14 to Vlad is about 3.67 flying hours.

And this was your tab at Tangier's Lorraine :D

DSC_0031.jpg

How much gas is it?

Nice

write-up and pictures, as usual Vlad. I hope you waved when you flew over my house :)

I never did the Philly run - I'll have to try that when 677AT gets airborn.

T.

I need Tony to ride along with me

Based at PTW, I avoid Philly, but would sure love to do some circles over center city:) Nice to see everyone at New Garden on Saturday AM!

I never did the Philly run - I'll have to try that when 677AT gets airborn.

T.

It's pretty intense depending on the time of the day Tom, you may recruit some help for the run. You have to know how to stay out of their busy arrival/departures. Cousin does airborne consulting for modest lunch fee ;)

Good call Mark! I was staying out of their way in my RV and will be in future.

Last edited:
Back