What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First engine start - 13 PSI Fuel pressure

mikehoover

Well Known Member
Had first engine start yesterday that went really well. My Dynon Skyview was showing 13 PSI pretty much the whole time, with or without the booster pump. The carbureted O-320 engine ran just fine. Wonder why the high fuel pressure indication? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks to Tom, James and Ken for mulling over my FWF this past few weeks leading up to engine start. Thanks to Steve for video taping the start. And Scott, Ron for the moral support! Was a great day!

http://youtu.be/1S6FWLT_CYg

Is there a calibration element to fuel PSI? Perhaps a scaling factor (eg 2x) that is set incorrectly?

If not then do you have a way to verify input pressure (known source) against indicated pressure?

Mike nice to see it alive! Your online resource was tremendous help for me. When I started building my plane your website was bookmarked and I used it extensively. With sites of Scott Card, Jerry Thorne and Mike Shipper.

Don't stop now. Wipe that spot James pointed and go up!

Go into Dynon set up - you are on the wrong code for the fuel pressure.

Had the same problem on ours.

Can't remember the exact setting - had to read the instructions but it worked :eek::eek:

I checked my Dynon Skyview settings for the fuel pressure sensor and the default was the 0-80 PSI sensor (100-411-001) that would be used for injected engines. I changed it to the 0-30 PSI sensor (100411-000) that is used for carbureted engines and the fuel pressure now shows between 4 and 5 PSI. Thanks for the suggestions and kind comments! Can't wait to fly this thing!

Back