What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Golf in Plymouth, MA

Omega232Devils

Well Known Member
A recent thread asking about fitting golf clubs in the back of an RV got me thinking. "I haven't flown to play golf in a long time" So I jumped online, $23 tee time for 18 holes with a cart at 'Village Link Golf Club' in Plymouth, MA.

I found out about the course from a Flash Mob Squadron Fly-In hosted by Captain John a few weeks ago. If you fly in, stop by 'Infamous' Hanger 5 to make sure CJ is working and not shooting bull!!!

So headed to the airport this morning, loaded up the clubs.

See, they do fit! 2 Sets (minus the drivers)

A short 33nm 15min flight and we were at KPYM:

We stopped by Hangar 5 and Billy was hard at work polishing up his RV-7 for tomorrow's Pancake Breakfast at Bayport(23N).

A short walk across the street, grabbed some lunch at Kevin's Club House Restaurant (Sorry Vlad, I forgot the mando food picture).

Village Link Golf Club is a very nice Par 54 course that is well maintained and was in great shape. We had a blast.

Back home in time to fire up the BBQ!

A short trip, but a lot of fun. Ready for some pancakes tomorrow morning!!

Dan

Last edited:
Dan, nice post. She has got quite a drive there.

I will call tim who frequents bay port airport. He will show you guys around. He knows everyone. :(

Enjoy your flight.

At home!!!

Yeah, the drivers stayed at home. However, judging from my scorecard I should have left ALL my clubs at home!! There is a reason I posted a picture of my wife's swing and not mine! :D

The drivers will fit, just not in the bag. You have to place them diagonally in the baggage compartment or you can lay them with the club heads in the baggage compartment and shafts running between the seats. Be sure to secure them. I have some Velcro straps to prevent the clubs from moving.

Dan

These pictures have further fueled my desire for an RV. Quick weekend golf trips are high on my agenda. Those bags even look like cart bags and since we use small carry/stand bags it should even allow more room for a couple of overnight duffle bags! :)

Back