What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Problem bucking forward top skin

Amazon-1

I am on the final stretch toward flying (hopefully this week).

Today, I finally riveted the forward top skin in place (the one in front of the canopy.

There are six AN426 AD4-7 rivets on each side. I was able to get a bucking bar on all but the ones nearest the front. The top bolt for the engine mount prevents me from getting my bucking bar onto that one.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If yes, how did you solve it?

I could put a cherrymax structural rivet in the hole - just not sure what size equates to an AN426 AD4-7 rivet. Also don't know if they make one that fits into a countersunk hole.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

There are six AN426 AD4-7 rivets on each side. I was able to get a bucking bar on all but the ones nearest the front. The top bolt for the engine mount prevents me from getting my bucking bar onto that one.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If yes, how did you solve it?

I could put a cherrymax structural rivet in the hole - just not sure what size equates to an AN426 AD4-7 rivet. Also don't know if they make one that fits into a countersunk hole.

CherryMax approved for these locations by mothership. Lengths are in 1/16" increments; I seem to remember a -5 here but check using caliper, or use the fancy gauge.

Back