What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Your Best Oshkosh picture 2012

N282S

Well Known Member
You can only submit one. Here's mine taken by friend Jahnnie Brake.

Jace2.jpg

handshake

that is really good

Thanks, Doug. Wish I was the photographer. The little boy is Jace (great kid). He lives two doors down from us. His parents said, when I landed he just took off running until he finally caught up with us at the taxiway leading to HBP. Mom and Dad were trying to catch up with camera, lawnchairs, umbrella, etc., in hand.
Thanks also for stopping to say hi. It was great meeting you. BTW, that was me with the airplane pulled out getting ready to depart on Wednesday.

RV-15

You can only submit one. Here's mine taken by friend Jahnnie Brake.

Jace2.jpg

That's the new RV-14. The gentleman in the foreground is actually a fully grown adult. Finally the tail wheel version is unvailed... ;)

Last edited:
There is no way to top the photo of Jace......that's great!

So far the best I have is one from the inbound run. While Oshkosh memories tend to run together, interesting flights last a long time.

We took the flyway up the Chicago lakeshore. This is why you put a tipover bubble on your -8.

10z3ig0.jpg

Thanks for the rest of the story

Thanks, Doug. Wish I was the photographer. The little boy is Jace (great kid). He lives two doors down from us. His parents said, when I landed he just took off running until he finally caught up with us at the taxiway leading to HBP. Mom and Dad were trying to catch up with camera, lawnchairs, umbrella, etc., in hand.
Thanks also for stopping to say hi. It was great meeting you. BTW, that was me with the airplane pulled out getting ready to depart on Wednesday.

Seeing the photo was pleasing experience but learning the story behind the scene made it extra special.

Bob Axsom

Nice shot of Meigs Field, er, northerly island park.
(

Stan and I were talking about that as we rode past. I predict a future OSH tradition. When Daley kicks the bucket we locate the airport closest to the cemetery. Every year we stop for fuel, take a cab ride, and visit his grave rather than the FBO restroom.

Seriously, Norm. The canopy manufacturer can, or should be able to add a small bulge for the guy, if it only needs 1".

Best,

Yes I know just like some make blisters for their alternators. I just thought a single blister for a guys or gals head would look funny. We make them up here for Beavers for observation windows.

I have no idea who this kid is but he was getting into flying that thing. The tongue out on the upper lip made me laugh....

3a3cf046.jpg

Circling Conoco Phillips Plaza

This is not as sharp as I would have liked it but I thought it was a view of Oshkosh that not everyone gets to see.

It's my Best Oshkosh Picture.

7672021456_6920d41077_b.jpg

This is not as sharp as I would have liked it but I thought it was a view of Oshkosh that not everyone gets to see.

It's my Best Oshkosh Picture.
Uh, yea - you win, Jerry!!

Good talking with you Tuesday. Hope we can fly together soon.

paintscheme.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's not a sexy RV picture. But the moment I saw it, the moment I realized I had my inspiration for a "paint-and-polish" scheme for the RV-7A. One I can actually afford, even if it's a lot of work. Just replace the "195" with "RV-7A".

couple of pics

nieuport flipped on thunder mustang... both owners were furious.
high winds on Thursday at 10am.
54dc7n.jpg

Sportsman in the morning.
993myo.jpg

my 9A in HBC
2hcg8z9.jpg

Last edited:
I took some dawn pics over a sea of RVs in HBC ... I took in-flight pics of some beautiful warbirds ... I took pics of some beautiful RVs ...

but the pic that made the trip worthwhile is this one:

Sigs.jpg

Back