What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A W&B

whd721

Well Known Member
Can anyone Point me to or share a RV9A W&B Spreadsheet with an O-235 engine. I hope to find one "built Light" with a listing of installed equipment. Any tips for adding lightness would be greatly appreciated.

This thread got me to thinking: Does Van's supply the W&B envelope for his aircraft? One thing to calculate W&B, another to have the boundaries of the envelope.

Van's provides a W&B form with examples of various loadings of fuel, people and baggage along with a fore and aft CG range. All good.

But the example does not state which engine/Prop/spacer/panel/interior were used. Without an example close to your personal RV9 concept or a spreadsheet with components and moment arms it is difficult to forecast your empty CG location. Weighing the completed project at the end is not very flexible.

Install an O-360 in a RV9A and most optional items should move aft, Install a O-235 and things should move forward. But how much?

Van's provides a W&B form with examples of various loadings of fuel, people and baggage along with a fore and aft CG range. All good.

But the example does not state which engine/Prop/spacer/panel/interior were used. Without an example close to your personal RV9 concept or a spreadsheet with components and moment arms it is difficult to forecast your empty CG location. Weighing the completed project at the end is not very flexible.

Install an O-360 in a RV9A and most optional items should move aft, Install a O-235 and things should move forward. But how much?

This is part of the educational process........ Do you want answers to all of the questions??..........:eek:

Back