What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D-180 Screen Rotation Setup

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of configuring my newly acquired D-180 Ultra Bright EFIS and I cannot find any info in the installation manual or the user manual as to exactly how to get to the menu which allows me to select/arrange my EFIS screen presentation and rotation. I am only able to page through various split screen (EFIS/EMS) combinations which are already programmed.but I am unable to come up with the "full" screen EFIS picture without the split EMS pictures.

The D-180 is not installed in the RV7A yet and I am configuring it at home with an external 12v power unit. I have been successful with configuring bugs, times and airspeed tape colors, but no luck finding the screen rotation menu. I do have an installation manual and user manual and a reference to "chapter and verse" would be fine, but step by step button pushing instructions would be most helpful...Thanks

Pilots User Guide

I may be mistaken on exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but Section 3 of the D180 Pilots User Guide seems to have the procedure you’re looking for. Specifically, see pages 3-4 and 3-5. That full EFIS page is in the list Dynon presents. At least it does with my system. My manual is revision H. PM me if you want to compare operational notes.

Last edited:
I concur with what David said. The way to configure the sceens is by holding button 6 (the right hand button) for 2 seconds and the setup screen will pop up and you can work your way through it quite easily.

Thanks guys. I guess I am going blind. I called myself searching the guide but...well you get the idea. I appreciate the help.

Back