What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall forward dawings

Rustersen

I'm New Here
Hello fellow builders.
I’m currently working on my engine installation. I haven’t purchased the complete firewall forward kit, as I had a lot of the parts already.
I am curious to know if there are any drawings with the kit, that helps you to position various attachments to the firewall, like the engine breather line, transducer manifold etc. And if so, does anyone have PDF versions of these drawings they are willing to share?

Best regards,
Steffen
rv-7.dk

Steffen,

I didn't buy the FF package either since I have the IO-370 engine. I like you have been buying parts a few at a time. The one thing I did which I suggest you do is to order a set of the Firewall Forward drawings. There are many details you will want to see.

You will want to look at the OP drawings for fuel system, oil system and maybe electrical (battery/starter/solenoids). If you didn't get exactly the engine that Van's designed for the drawings, you will need to adapt the drawings to your situation, but the OP drawings are a good starting point.

USB

All the drawings are on the USB. Any copy store can print 11x17.
If you want full size, get them from Vans.
Most are OP drawings except DWG19 has all the penetrations. Yiu want a current version if it's an "A" model. Throttle penetration moved.
If you decide to remote mount the oil cooler using the RV10 set up, I can e-mail you those drawings. Vans Support sent them to me.

Hey Larry- I'm not the original poster, but I would happily jump on that offer. I'm going to install a 390 in my & and its a foregone conclusion that I'm going to have to do something different with the oil cooler.

[email protected]

Back