What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AeroLED Sunspot mounting

SabreFlyr

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Working on chapter 17 (leading edge) on my QB wings right now. I have AeroLED Sunspot taxi and landing lights and was looking at them along with the light mount parts included with the wing kit. Obviously, additional mounting hardware is needed but I can't find any reference to such on the Van's service information or store web pages. The store does have "DWG OP-52A, LED LANDING LIGHT 10/14" for $3.00 but I can't imagine that I have to purchase an OP document to find out whether or not it references the parts that I will be needing. What am I missing?

I have a PDF ... I must have got it on the USB thumb drive copy of the plans I ordered before I got the empennage kit.

The plans show these parts on each wing:

.058X5/16 6061-T6 tube, to make 4 spacers 0.395” long each
AN3-4A x 2
NAS1149F0332P
MS21919DG3
K1000-06 x 4
AN515-6R12 x 4
AN470AD3-3 x 8
LL-00008 (the light)
W-00016B (the bracket that attaches with all that hardware to the bracket that is riveted into the wing in section 17)

Okay, Peter Fata has it in the RV-14 Wiki. Thanks. I presume all those parts are in a kit. I'll check w/Van's on Monday.

I can't remember if the parts are in a kit or not. I think I ordered them separately (well, just the brackets, since almost everything else is just standard aircraft hardware). I went with the FlyLEDs landing/taxi combo lights but I attached them to the RV-14 kit brackets rather than trying to rig my own.

I've ordered an RV14a kit. What are the 14 wiki files and where could I get a USB drive of the 14 plans

I've ordered an RV14a kit. What are the 14 wiki files and where could I get a USB drive of the 14 plans

Peter Fata, HAL Pilot here on VAF, is an RV-14 builder who has taken on the task of annotating PDF copies of all the construction drawings (with mothership approval) with links to the "gotchas" posts that others have noted in their builds. VERY helpful. Contact Peter and he'll share his DropBox link to those files.

Back