What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best Anti-Glare Screen Protector for the IPAD?

Brantel

Well Known Member
Whats the best Anti-Glare Screen Protector for the IPAD when used in the cockpit of an RV?

I am looking at a iVisor AG by Moshi but not sure this is the best since it does impact image quality...

I would like to find out as well. I have a skyview and it looks great whereas the G695 would be better with an anti-glare film.

Moura

ScreenGuardZ HD

Whats the best Anti-Glare Screen Protector for the IPAD when used in the cockpit of an RV?

I am looking at a iVisor AG by Moshi but not sure this is the best since it does impact image quality...

Brantel,

This is the one I have been using for almost a year for about $10 bucks and I am pleased with the results. I really don't have anything to compare it to other than the original screen, but it does work well. I have posted pictures of my iPad in flight on other threads so you might be able to get some idea.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FW5Q0E

I can't remember which one I bought.

It works well for both glare reduction and touch is not effected.
The only complaint that I have is a small spec of lint or dust will cause a bubble to be under the film. I have tried removing and cleaning the screen and film, but I will always get a bubble or two.

Does the above mentioned protectors keep the bubbles out?

Kent

No bubbles is supose to be the iVisor's claim to fame since it does not have adhesive on the screen area, only around the edges.

Bumping this thread to the top. Am about to start using an iPad in the cockpit and understand glare and screen brightness to be an issue. The links previously posted in the thread are no longer active, so hoping for some more current links.

Thanks,

So far I have found that with my iPad on my kneeboard that any glare can be minimized by tilting the screen one way or another. Having brightness set at the higher levels helps a lot too. Try it without a screen protector first, you may find it's good enough!

The only screen protector i've had that I really liked was one that I used on my old iPhone, and I no longer have the box for. A lot of screen protectors are kind of a "rubbery" material, that can stretch/get nicked/etc. if you aren't careful. And they're very prone to getting bubbles during installation. The one that worked best for me was a harder plastic, it felt more like a sheet of overhead transparency film. It had a super-smooth layer on one side that seemed to stick to the iPhone glass like static cling. There wasn't any adhesive I could see or feel, just the two really smooth surfaces bonding well enough to keep them in place.

If I could find something like that again for the iPad, I may give it a try.

Screen

The guys at the AT&T Store recommended the Gadget Guard Wet-Screen Guard. Item # COAPAP000019.

I had them put it on after a couple of weeks. Works great!
Just over $20. No bubbles. Love it.

Zagg

I let Best Buy install a Zagg anti-glare after I wasted a lot of money on the do-it-yourself screen protectors that were practically impossible to install with no bubbles, lint, pet hair, whatever! (many were recommended by other iPad users on ths site)
Almost a year and it still looks great!

Best daytime glare reduction

:) Just tried NuSheild screen protector and can use IPad in sunlight.
nushield.com. I have used several other Zagg etc and this is far better IMHO. Day view is model I used.

Back