What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight of N20GL

leok

Well Known Member
Today was the first flight of N20GL.
Short take off roll, a little waggle to confirm controls, then up to 3500' to orbit until everything stabilized.
Only surprise was when the panel went blank and rebooted without the #2 radio. I'll have to sort that out- perhaps a loose connector. I had anticipated the possibility of EFIS glitches, so it was a non-event as far as flying. I had my iPad ready at hand but the system rebooted before I even had time to reference it.

Landing was smooth as well.

The wife and I in front of the plane before take off

IMG-0096.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Congratulations on your first flight and wishing you a smooth PHASE 1!!!!

Outstanding accomplishment and wishing you many decades of enjoyable flight!!!

v/r,dr

Congratulations. What a great way to start 2020!!!!

It really is an amazing accomplishment. In the big scheme of things few people build and then test fly their own airplane. It may seem a bit common place here at VAF, but otherwise it is really special.

Now go fly and smile!

Well Done! We want pictures all over your flying bird. I want to see the panel and how the interior came out, please.

Nice job and congrats Leo, not sure why there?s no snow in your picture but if you want to see some come up to kcad sometime😊

It was a beautiful day in southern Michigan for that first flight today so congratulations!

Thanks to all

Thanks to all. It has been an amazing journey, and so now a new one begins.

I will put together some photos in the next few days. I would like to get some photos outside and we are getting dumped on tonight and tomorrow.

Nice work Leo. Flying off the phase I hours was my favorite part of the process, and perhaps the best hours of my flying career. Enjoy!

Back