What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BFR in an RV

sirlegin

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if there are CFI's who do BFR's in RV's in or around 52F?
I sure would hate to jump back into a Cessna or piper to do the BFR seeing as I only fly an RV 9A nowadays.

Why would any CFI not do a BFR in the pilots own airplane? Can't imagine. Besides, what CFI wouldn't beg at the chance to fly in an RV?!?

Exactly. I have accomplished several flight reviews in my Hiperbipe. Can't imagine any objection to doing it in a 9.

I'll do it for you - if you want to come to northern CA.
But to clarify, proper FAA-speak has been "Flight Review" for a few years now. It's still due biennially, I have no idea why they dropped the "B"!

Hope you are able to find someone in your area. If not, I can do it. I fly out of Guthrie, OK (GOK). That's about 20 miles north of OKC.

BFR

If your on-field guy is busy or not available, try Roy Geer at Hicks.
He has an 8 but has test flown many RV's for Jay Pratt. Let me know
if you need his contact info.

BFR, Only Problem is---

I have gone thru 3 BFR's in my RV-8 and the only problem is getting my CFI to let me fly! He just loves using the stick and throttle from the back seat!

Team DK, Dave (Butler, PA.)

BFR'S 8A

Have had two BFR's in the RV8A. Just like Dave the CFI want to fly all the time with rear seat control.;)

If your on-field guy is busy or not available, try Roy Geer at Hicks.
He has an 8 but has test flown many RV's for Jay Pratt. Let me know
if you need his contact info.

X2 on Jarhead. Has gave me one BFR.

Boomer

Roy 'Jar Head' Geer

Roy 'Jar Head' Geer is a CFI based at Hicks T67. Just north of Fort Worth.
He bought my First RV build a RV6, Then after almost 2000 hours, sold it and is now flying another of my builds , a RV8.

Last edited:
I've just moved to TX01 not even sure how far your airfield is from me but if you still need a flight review send me a note at [email protected] I've got an RV-10 I've been flying for over 4 years now. Love the RVs. I'm still technically in the middle of my move but spending more time in Texas now than previous roost. Bart

Back