What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CH Products Grip

rwayne

Well Known Member
I've heard that there is a new source for what was the CH Products control stick grip. Anyone know if there is a source? I really the grip is ambidextrous.

Tosten Grips

Installed a pair in my 9A last week. Really nice. Highly recommended!!

Regards,
Chris

Need relay?

Hi. I am about to order a couple of Tosten stick grips. I am not sure if I need their relay deck (or Ray Allen relay deck) or if I may order their grip with built in relay. I would like to have elevator servo commands in both grips and would like pilot/copilot to work without having to push a switch.
Thanks.
Camillo

You'll need a relay

You'll need a relay, either internally in the stick or somewhere under the seat or panel. It's really up to builder's preference. Having opted for the external relay myself, I wish I'd just paid the extra for the internal relay.

I wrote to Tosten and received this answer.

"If you are wiring duel controls you will need the cs-8 with out relays and one external deck. I install the one in the grip so if you are only using one
grip for trim is makes it easier to wire up."

I'm afraid I didn't understand everything. Does this mean that I need an external relay (relay deck)? Above, Craigvince wrote the opposite. If I can go with internal or external, I will need two CS-8 with built in relays. I understand this is good for wiring, but is it also good for further repair?

Thanks.
Camillo

Back