What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camp Scholler Questions

Zazoos

Well Known Member
We have never camped at Scholler. Read all the FAQ at EAA, but still need some insight.

Our 5th wheel is 41' and the EAA FAQ says each site is roughly 20x30 feet. Does that mean I need to pay for 2 basic sites?

Does the basic camping area fill up and we need to reserve early (July 2nd) like the people trying to get the electric/water sites?

Are their any food vendors in Camp Scholler?

Thank you,

If you are camping in general camping you don't need to pay for 2 sites. It is first come first serve and usually fills up by the first or second day. Mine is 45' and I haven't had a problem if you get there early. There are a few food vendors in the campground but we usually bring our food. I have never tried to reserve a site with electric/water. I use my generator for an hour in the AM to make coffee and breakfast, then for a little while in the evening to cool the rig down before bed.

Camp Scholler

Two suggestions. Request 24 hour generator area if you want to use a generator for A/C. And take bikes to get to and from the gates.

Camping

Aren't the 24 hr generator sites for medical necessity only?
I don't get the problem with everyone running their generator. Not going to be disturbing if every camper has one running.

Aren't the 24 hr generator sites for medical necessity only?

Not at all. The 24hr-gen sites, roughly a quarter of all the campsites in Scholler and the furthest from the flight line, are not the same as the sites for those with disabilities.

Last edited:
Follow up question.

Is there any septic pump trucks that come around the primitive camp area and offer to collect waste?

What about fresh water trucks in the primitive area?

Thank you,

I filled my fresh water tanks up before parking my class A . Then ran my generator for AC when we were at the camper , which was really just for sleeping. I never had to dump or get more water as we used the shower houses to conserve our resources. I took my golf cart which I would highly recommend or bare minimum a bike . I walked like 30 miles and probably drove 60 in the golf cart lol

All the sites are primitive with regards to waste. The water/electric sites do not have waste.

There is a waste collection truck and a free dump station.

Camp scholler

There is an RV dump station at the south end of stits road.
After you are set up, the company that services the porta potties will come to you.
When I had my over the road RV,I used them once. Not sure how much they charge now.
The only truck that services my RV now is the fuel truck.😁

Rich

Back