What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Molex part number

Bavafa

Well Known Member
Just wondering if anyone knows the Molex part number that VANS uses for the Trim servo. Perhaps a place to buy them or spec that I can find them on line would be appreciate it.

I don't have a part number, but Digikey has every molex connector known to man and there are a bunch! The biggest problem is sorting through all the different varietys. Digikey has a multitude of electrical supplies and a great resource, it just takes time to figure out their system in regards to refining search results.

I don't have a part number, but Digikey has every molex connector known to man and there are a bunch! The biggest problem is sorting through all the different varietys. Digikey has a multitude of electrical supplies and a great resource, it just takes time to figure out their system in regards to refining search results.

Thank you. I visited Digikey but it was not easy to find one that fits this size. I purchased two different ones and each turned out to be wrong.

Bad research on my part, VANS part number is on their site and ES-00044 and ES0067 are the parts that can be purchased from VANS. I should have done a better search.

I'm fairly sure they are Molex Micro-Fit 3.0 connectors.
That maybe and if that is the case then Micro-Fit 3.0 comes in difference sizes. The two sets that I bought were Micro-Fit 3.0 and they are bigger and won't fit.

That maybe and if that is the case then Micro-Fit 3.0 comes in difference sizes. The two sets that I bought were Micro-Fit 3.0 and they are bigger and won't fit.

Hmm weird. How did they not fit? My connector for the aileron trim has the 3.0 mm spacing and looks like the micro fit molex has on their site. There are a few variations for the receptacles- plain and panel mount that could account for them not fitting into the brackets. The plain ones are a bit bigger and don’t have the locking tabs but should mate with the male side without problems.

Hmm weird. How did they not fit? My connector for the aileron trim has the 3.0 mm spacing and looks like the micro fit molex has on their site. There are a few variations for the receptacles- plain and panel mount that could account for them not fitting into the brackets. The plain ones are a bit bigger and don’t have the locking tabs but should mate with the male side without problems.

Can't say, I bought them from two different places that was advertised as Micro-Fit 3.0. It is possible that they advertised it wrong but it will not fit even by force. There difference is not just the tab or slightly larger. But I will use them else where as they are easier to work with considering larger pins.

Can't say, I bought them from two different places that was advertised as Micro-Fit 3.0. It is possible that they advertised it wrong but it will not fit even by force. There difference is not just the tab or slightly larger. But I will use them else where as they are easier to work with considering larger pins.

I just checked the connector on my aileron trim and it's Molex p/n 43020-0600, 2 row, 6 pin, panel mount. molex housing page is here.

The p/n is on the housing itself on the opposite side of the "molex" logo.

I just checked the connector on my aileron trim and it's Molex p/n 43020-0600, 2 row, 6 pin, panel mount. molex housing page is here.

The p/n is on the housing itself on the opposite side of the "molex" logo.

Your part number looks to be correct. I am not sure why I got a different part, twice :(
Also, it looks like the pins for this housing is WM1837-ND‎

thank you very much for looking this up and sharing the info.

Also, it looks like the pins for this housing is WM1837-ND‎

thank you very much for looking this up and sharing the info.

I get the 43031 male series pins for the 43020 female housing.

If you're looking at Digikey, the WM1837-ND is a 0430300007, which is the molex 43030 female series which would go with the 43025 male connector housing.

But it does beg the question - why use Micro Molex ?

They are vile to wire up, you need a special tool and an enormous magnifying glass.

We use D-Sub connectors insulated with heat shrink and a service loop in case of remedial work at a later time.

I believe Vans are moving away from Micro Molex.

Agreed

But it does beg the question - why use Micro Molex ?

They are vile to wire up, you need a special tool and an enormous magnifying glass.

We use D-Sub connectors insulated with heat shrink and a service loop in case of remedial work at a later time.

I believe Vans are moving away from Micro Molex.

We have moved to using Deustch DT and DTM connectors with machined pins for many applications where Molex connectors were common. More expensive, but a higher quality connection in my view.

Stein has a good video of how to do the D-Sub pins/sockets with heat shrink here

ES part numbers...

Vans published the WH-00125 drawing on their website, which contains drawings and ES part numbers for essentially all wiring aft of the panel in the RV-14’s. If you can supply a list of the Vans ES part numbers to us at Steinair, we stock 100’s of these parts ( 99% of them are not on our website though) so you’d have to email/call. Most of them are fairly cheap too.

Back