What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any idea what these are?

mattasmith12

Hello again all,

I received a box of leftover items from previous builds when a friend cleaned out his hangar. Most of the stuff is surplus fasteners. But these were in one box. They are machined. The center hole is not threaded. The two outside ones are. Anyone know what these are? Are they RV-6 related?

49312940391_276187a0db_b.jpg

Learning as I build my RV-7, but my first impression is counterweights. Based on my counter weights I'm guessing they were custom made.
I have not received my fuselage kit yet so its just based on my wings and tail experience.

Kit

They?re not normal kit items.

Could be used a guide to drill centre hole.
Who knows but no need for them

Just finished a 6A and they don?t look familiar. Can you set a well know item by them for a size reference.

They don't appear to be RV-3B parts either, nor are they tools for an RV-3B.

Dave
RV-3B, now starting the canopy frame

Glad they aren't vital

Thanks for the input everyone!

Good point on the size reference. I'll have to take another picture. They're about 3 inches long and 1 inch square.

It certainly seems the consensus is that they aren't vital for the remainder of my build. I'll set them aside until their use becomes obvious or the plane is flying...whichever comes first:D

They look almost like those little rectangular cubes you make to attach the tip-up canopy gas struts to the canopy frame--except if these were those, the center hole would be bigger and also tapped.

I had some pieces like that in my RV3b. They mounted vertically towards the root of the wing in between the upper and lower main spars. one in each wing if I remember correctly. I don't believe mine were threaded though...

Last edited:
Back