What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric aileron trim directions for RV-7 or RV-9

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
May very well be an odd request but does anyone have the directions for electric aileron trim installation for the -7 or -9 model that they could send me a pic of?

I installed manual aileron trim but really don't like the friction system and electric would be beneficial for my autopilot. The Van's kit comes with a bunch of parts common to both systems so I'm trying to see what all I actually need to order. Thanks in advance!

OP 19 is the drawing you guys are looking for.

Can email if anybody needs also. ty1295 at gmail

Hi, I?m having the same issue, could you send to me as well?

Thanks!

OP 19 is the drawing you guys are looking for.

Can email if anybody needs also. ty1295 at gmail

Yep OP-19 is your go to on the USB plans if you haven't. I embarrassingly missed it when I was looking through them... I can send it too if you need it. PM me your email and I'll get it over to you.

On my RV-9A, I've got aileron trim (manual) and never use it. I do wish I had rudder trim, though.

Be careful with your aileron balance if you do install trim -- flutter doesn't play nice.

Ed

Aileron trim

On my 2005 6A I originally had the springs under the seats aileron trim.I hated it.

With trim buttons on my stick I finally got to use them by installing the very old Vans aileron trim kit I had into the left aileron. Works like a champ!

Be careful with your aileron balance if you do install trim -- flutter doesn't play nice.

Ed

Little confused by this Ed. Does the -9 aileron trim mount differently? I don't see how adding Van's aileron trim would affect flutter at all. Just wondering if I missed the point of your post?

Back