What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sebring, FL - Breakfast run

GLPalinkas

Well Known Member
A VERY quick trip report (with very few photos)

Our Venice 3 ship arrived late at Sebring for Wed. morning breakfast. Late is relative and at Sebring that’s 8:30. Most early birds were finished and heading out. Turbo piped in on our way over so we knew we would have a seat with at least one friend.

With the coming time change this weekend maybe we will have more daylight early to get people from farther away interested.

Great time and I managed to get a few inside photos before everyone departed.

Turbo counted 28 RV’s. :D:D
A substantial number for as early as it is in “the season”.

If you are close, every Wednesday, weather permitting until the heat arrives again in July. Weds before Thanksgiving is usually a big number.

Fred Edmunds ready to launch for Sebring with Dave and I.
(Fred and his very recently completed and test flown RV-7....nice job Fred)

r7oe42.jpg

General shot of breakfast crowd.

xeey4w.jpg

And of course, the usual suspects + Fred who seems destined to be included weekly.

nfgtfo.jpg

Last edited:
You Retired guys...

One of these days I'll be able to go every Wednesday, Gary.

For now it'll have to be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving

RV count for that is usually over 30.

Looks like the state of FL is safe again now that Turbo is back.....

One of these days I'll be able to go every Wednesday, Gary.

For now it'll have to be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving

RV count for that is usually over 30.

Looks like the state of FL is safe again now that Turbo is back.....

Definitely would like to see you the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Hope to get up your way soon Carl.

Yummmmmy

Hey Gary.....I still intend to come down there for one of those WED breakfast you promised me that I could play co-pilot in your airplane:D Will try maybe over the holiday season if you are going to be there.....or next spring!

Hey Gary.....I still intend to come down there for one of those WED breakfast you promised me that I could play co-pilot in your airplane:D Will try maybe over the holiday season if you are going to be there.....or next spring!

Let me know when your coming down Sky. I should be here most of the year but I do have a northerly run to make soon. Keep pounding them rivets and maybe you can fly to Sebring in a 4 ship with us soon.....

When is Vlad coming to Wednesday Sebring?

You've been here before - why not the week of Thanksgiving??

Run

Come on down, Bob. I'll be back at Valkaria (X59) tomorrow. Been on the hangar list so long that I finally got my own hangar.

Our Valkaria group is a fly-out "lunch bunch". Seems like we've been retired so long that no one can get up early enough to get to Sebring before almost everyone is gone!! Plus, several of the group don't fly RV's so they're not as interested in Sebring as everyone else.

Looking forward to seeing you some time this winter. I'll probably miss seeing you and Vlad if you come down over Thanksgiving as my wife and I will be visiting grandkids in Omaha.

No way!

Not on Nov 29 - 30?

No way for Thanksgiving.......got family coming to VA to see this big Turkey...family descending upon compound wed and most leaving during the day Friday.....sat & sun not enuf time for FL trip.....we may come over Christmas / NY time!:) new job position may keep me on the road 70% of time.....so will have to see how it goes!

Two Breakfasts?

Since we can't all get to Sebring at 7:30 a.m. how about a second sitting at 9:00 a.m.? The restaurant might appreciate the crowd being spread out a bit also.

let me know and ill hang out with ya for another cup of joe. this might turn out to be a good thing.

let me know and ill hang out with ya for another cup of joe. this might turn out to be a good thing.

+1 especially for the Venice guys who usually have to launch at zero dark thirty. Will be back in town and ready for Sebring after thanksgiving.

Last edited:
After???

Jeez Gary, the one Wednesday of year and you won't be there.

A two ship headed to SEF this morning for breakfast.

Myra and I will try to make it. I have your new Ping pong paddle Turbo. If anybody needs gearleg stiffeners, let me know and I'll pack a few sets. Discount because of no shipping charges.
Woodman

Jeez Gary, the one Wednesday of year and you won't be there.....

Yeah, I know it's killing me but the wife says thanksgiving with her family (Augusta, GA) for the first time in many years.

Carl, take some photos for me. I bet you get close to 30 RV's. I'm sure the Venice bunch will be there and we have a few more this year.

Back