What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

canopy cover

rwarre

Well Known Member
Anyone have issues with canopy covers deteriorating? The last couple of times I used my cover from Flightline Interiors, moisture was got through and there was a greasy film left on my plexiglass. The cover is 11 years old. Looking to replace it with either the Vans or Bruces.

I never expect that a canopy cover will keep moisture out. They have to make covers "breathable" so that any water that gets trapped under it can evaporate. I'm more worried about installing a cover on a dirty windshield or window, especially if there is any wind blowing which causes the cover to move around and grind dirt into the plastic.

-Marc

Anyone have issues with canopy covers deteriorating? The last couple of times I used my cover from Flightline Interiors, moisture was got through and there was a greasy film left on my plexiglass. The cover is 11 years old. Looking to replace it with either the Vans or Bruces.

11 years is a very good service time. Get another one from the same manufacturer. Bruce cover will disintegrate after three years don’t ask me how I know. Of course I am talking of parking under the elements and taking cover on/off every other day on average.

Left mine on for a week at CNY (Moab) which is commonly windy - and dusty, and it wore down the topcoat where the straps touched. Never used it again.

Back