What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Teaser photos from DJM

NVhunter

Have some photos for you guys on what we have been working on. This is an AR grip throttle lever with a CNC cap.:D
IMG_20130504_153259.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20130504_153249.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Do you need a background check for this? Does having it limit your fuel capacity to 7 gallons in NY?

;)

Better Design

That is a design I have been thinking about when looking at the stock
Vans quadrant or the deluxe quad. The deluxe quad handle just doesn't
seem to be convenient to reach prop and mixture controls without potentially bumping throttle....no experience with it...just observation . I am probably going to fab or buy one like DJM is working on......I may even put the same linoleum on my flooring....but the vent would be too big!:D

I've had my hands on this quadrant, and it is very much like the one we have on Tsamsiyu - and once you've used it, you'll not want to use anything else. It's a very ergonomic design!

Paul

Agreed

I switched to one of these I made a year ago, and like Paul said, you won't want to go back. They are comfortable and perfect. I have the flap lever and smoke switch on it.

looks great!

I have been flying that tilted version I made for your quadrant, like 8 years ago! I'd do one of these in a heartbeat if I was doing it again.

cheers

I'm glade to see all the positive responses to the new product. We will be getting the caps up on the web sit once we have them anodized, it will be offered as a lever kit and will come already assembled all you need to do is install it; so keep your eyes open on the web page. Once we have the other designs laid out and assembled we will post some more picks.

Upgrade?

Any plans to offer the throttle lever as an upgrade for an existing DJM quadrant?

I have your deluxe in my -8 and would love the new grip.

Throttle Grip

AARGGHH! I was going to buy a DJM Quadrant for my 7A and spend 20 hours modifying it for the AR-15 pistol grip I already have. Now I am just gonna have to buy one. Hmmm. I wonder if my grip would fit the stick. Two AR-15 grips in one airplane, no carry permit needed. I could take over the world. Muhuhahahaha!!

New Throttle AR style grip

Hi All
I have developing this AR style grip option for my quads for some time now. It will be a new quad option and a retrofit kit for existing customers. I have 16 ready for shipment today, but we have not settle on a price yet, $30.00ish is the number we are throwing around. With the response that I have seen the manufacturing process will have to change to accommodate the initial demand. ?Yikes? I will keep all you guys updated as soon as I am ready to release this new product.

Hey truflite I would hold off on the AR center stick for a little while or at lest till mid summer;) catch my drift;).

AARGGHH! I was going to buy a DJM Quadrant for my 7A and spend 20 hours modifying it for the AR-15 pistol grip I already have.

Lol, thats what I did but I spent more time than that messing with it... 30ish sounds like a steal. Cant wait to see it with some switches in it. Mine has a bmw window rocker in it.

"A well regulated throttle being necessary to the security of a free airspace, the right of the people to keep and bear pistol grip quadrants shall not be infringed."​

Just idle curiosity, but would there be an AK grip option for pilots coming from the dark side?:D

Cool stuff

Hey Ian,

Love the new grip.

As you guys obviously have access to CNC equipment and want to add appeal to your products, how about making up some better friction lock interfaces. I don't really like the plastic pointer and would like to have something more substantial and easier to operate.

Maybe a wheel like below. Painted gloss yellow with black engraved lettering and a knurl on the outside of the wheel, this would, in my opinion, make the friction lock easier to operate. (and look cool too!)

I'd make one myself, but I don't have access to the right tools. Plus, a one off would be costly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back