What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Case Bolt Torque Value?

blueflyer

Well Known Member
What is the torque value for the bolts that connect the two halves of the engine (not through bolts)?

Go to the second to last page in the document that Paul posted. If it doesn't say it somewhere else specifically in the manual you use the values on the second to last page.

1.25 ft-lbs

wow, according to table V on the second to last page, it says 1.25 foot pounds. much lower than I would have expected.

Torque

wow, according to table V on the second to last page, it says 1.25 foot pounds. much lower than I would have expected.

No way that is correct. Google Lycoming Service Instruction 1029. This explains how and to what values to torque cylinder and case bolts on reassembly. The 1/4" nuts to 55 to 60 in/lbs. and the ones on capscrews to 96 to 108 in/lbs
Ed

Not correct

Page 49 of the document.
These bolts are 1/4, torque should be 96-106 In. Lb.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2020-12-08 aÌ€ 08.40.21.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2020-12-08 aÌ€ 08.40.21.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 169
Table V does say "Stud Min Driving Torque" now that I went back and looked again. Thanks for the prodding. :eek:

Back