What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone know who makes this transducer?

akschu

Well Known Member
Patron
My friend got this transducer with a kit plane he bought that was partially built. There aren't any markings on it, and we can't figure out who makes it or where it came from. Any ideas?

schu

transducer.jpg

Electronics International

The red cube is made by Electronics International, Bend, Oregon.

A great company.

JT

Nope, red cube is certified (means it will absolutely have a part number on it) and looks like this:

FT-60-L-DSC00595.jpg

hard to imagine a transducer that needs 7 or 8 wires.
looks like a standard T manifold that has something potted. If you know where the connector goes, it may provide some clues.

hard to imagine a transducer that needs 7 or 8 wires.
looks like a standard T manifold that has something potted. If you know where the connector goes, it may provide some clues.

It has 6 wires. A red and black that are wired to power, and orange, white, yellow, and blue.

Only the white and blue were hooked up, and they went to the cockpit.

There is a little flipper thing inside there, so it does very much appear to be a transducer.

Sorry -- checked mine

mine has a different configuration/shape -- did some more searching online and could come up with nothing.

Ron

This isn't a fuel flow sensor, it's a liquid sensor. It senses the existence or lack of liquid. Two wires light up the LED and two wires are the signal for the refractive sensor.

Back