What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Orleans jazz fest

Try2Fly

Hi all , a couple that I know has a time share in New Orleans (if you have seen the movie expendables the hideout scene was filmed across the street from their place) They invited me to go down for jazz fest 2014. Some questions:

What are the local airports ?Any RV'ers any the area? ( I will buy diner for for the first -10 owner that let's me get a look at their bird!)

what are some good local sites, things to do - my friend and his wife go there every year so they know the place well but I figured I might want to explore for myself .

Would like to make the trip in a GA aircraft just for the fun of it but I have not started flight training at this point(Darn IRS !). Will probably have to go on the airlines but hey you never know maybe I can hitch a ride or charter a plane lol!

Juan

P.S. Forgot to mention that they might be able to get me a good deal on a room. He told to hurry and let him know because they book fast.

Last edited:
New Orleans

Food: Acme Oyster house just off Bourbon a block from Canal St. Great Seafood. Try the Charred Oysters!

Caf? DuMond on River front for Binye's (apologies for spelling) across from Jackson Square. Coffee and French donuts, a landmark.

Green ST Gorcery (?) a block away from the Caf?. The original one that's been there over 100 yrs. They have a sandwich there that is about 4 inches high and 12 across. One will feed two to four people and are delicious but I cant think of the name.

Music: The Fat Man on Bourbon - honestly he advertises on the sign that he is 600lbs and he plays and sings jazz amazingly. Might be a little more than 600 but not my call;-)

If you go to a store down the street from the Caf? and Grocery store called "Road Kill" and see a vintage Bobber Harley and a guy inside that looks like "Animal" from Sesame Street, his name is John and he was a roadie for years for Ozzie! Say hi for me.

I miss a lot of those places used to go several times a year but it's been a while.

Most of all enjoy.

Back