What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Remembering Tony Sun 9/21

Vlad

Well Known Member
This is the message from Tony's wife

Hi there - I am having a reception at my house Sunday 9/21 from 4 to 7. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Please come raise a glass and celebrate Tony's life. Stay as little or as long as you'd like. Please share with others. Just have them email me or text me they are coming so I can have an accurate head count.

Best,
Amy

We can land at Cross Keys Airport 17N there will be transportation arranged to and from airport. PM or email me who can come and we coordinate arrival/departure.

Last edited:
Wish I could make it. Shortly after he passed a co-worker asked if I knew Tony.......yes, yes I did. It was just a few post/messages via the forums but i counted him as a friend. TK trained my co-worker in a previous facility and we will both toast you and Amy from the Midwest!

For those of us, unable to attend in-person, feel free to raise a glass in Tony's memory and post a selfie back here. I know Amy would love to see our smiling faces !

Last edited:
Cheers

Just the other day I was searching and found a youtube of Vlad and Tony being goofy and talking about a tow bar made of PVC. Mainly Tony ;)

Vlad,
Raise a glass for me too. I will most certainly be thinking of you all on September 21st.
Tailwinds and blue skies Tony....

Will toast Tony from Seattle

Vlad,

Nice of you to help Amy with honoring Tony. I will be in Seattle this weekend but will raise a glass (or two) in Tony's memory.

Best,

Tom

Will Toast from the West coast

I had the great fortune of working with Tony in Frederick, MD (KFDK) in a SportAir workshop as his build partner. He gave me my nickname after I put a drill into my finger, DrillBit. He is sorely missed.

Vlad, please raise a glass for me also.

Thank you

Vlad, add me to the list of folks who are unable to be there in person--------but do wish we were.

Give Amy our best, hope she is doing well. Laura and I met them briefly at OSH 2011, Tony loaned us their Bison Mtn bags to test fit in the 10.

After all the extra glass raising you are going to have to do, I hope your arm doesn't fall off;)

amy, vlad and all others there, wish we could be there with you all but too much going on here on the home front. our thoughts will be with you all and tony, and all comrades gone west. a toast to tony.

GoneWestNew2.jpg

Marginal weather prevented RVators from VA and CT to visit. We had three RVs, several pilots drove and there were Tony's coworkers from ATC side. A hundred or more people came to raise a toast and share a story.

Visited crash site.

Then gathered at Tony's house.

Followed by a flyby. Governor Valcik will give you more details he was the only trained formation pilot there and he ruled the pack.

Tony we miss you

It was with a mixed emotions as we all miss Tony, but I am sure he is looking down as his family and friends celebrated his life today.

Three RV's all arrived at Cross Keys about the same time and Vlad had arranged transportation for us to the house. It was a very nice celebration. We told stories and remembered the good times with Tony.

Tony 20140912 -0002.jpg

Tony 20140912 -0004.jpg

Tony 20140912 -0006.jpg

Tony 20140912 -0007.jpg

On our way out Vlad led a very loose formation in trail over the get together. We made 2 passes and then headed back to our airports.
Tony 20140912 -0001.jpg

All three APRS tracks overlaid

Last edited:
Back