What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim cable anchor bracket WD-415

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Im working on the elevators right now. Looking at the nut welded onto sheet metal (elevator trim cable anchor bracket WD-415) just seems cheep and possibly prone to failure. Also, the threads inside the nut seems like it might cause cable wear? Is this part good to go, or should I do something different with it. Also, are there any issues with the elevator and trim tab build I need to be aware of. Thanks.

WD-415

I bought a set of machined ones from IFLYRV10.com. Worked well. Used PEM nuts to mount them to ease final assembly and adjustment later...

Instead of pop riveting per plans, I used mini corner nutplates and #6 pan head screws. Otherwise, enjoy trying to remove and install elevator halves for painting. Originally the nut was only welded on one side, now both front and back. I doubt you will break the nut off if it is welded good.

I am new to the forums and I’m
Building my first rv10. I, too, was looking at the structural integrity of the plates. I went ahead and purchased a set of machined ones on iflyrv10 as well. Thanks to all for sharing. I will update how well these perform vs stock part from Vans.

Emp almost done…. Going to start wings next month:) super excited!!:)

For future reference, the riveted on ones (properly welded nut) per the plans work just fine. They are a pain to remove, but it’s doable. In 7-1/2 years I’ve removed them exactly once when I removed the elevators for painting so it’s not something that gets done with any regularity. Build on!

Last edited:
Back