What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Passenger & The RV Grin!

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
I finished Phase 1 last week and the wife has always been a nervous flyer. We were always way to cramped in the C-152 we owned to go anywhere of substance. The Cozy MKIV my buddy and I built? ,,,,,,Well the first time she sat in it she told me she felt like she was sitting in a coffin! The -10 is in a class all its own as far as I am concerned. This morning I was up early and watched the thick blanket of fog rise and roll over the lake at dawn. A half hour later the sun beams were peaking above the horizon and quickly burned the fog away. The lake was as smooth as glass and there was not a cloud in sight. Rain was predicted for later in the afternoon so when the wife got up I said "lets go for a ride up to Higgins Lake and back." Its a beautiful lake, especially seen from the air on a cloudless day. Looking from the air you would swear you could be in the Caribbean looking down at the sand beaches and crystal clear blue/green waters ,,,not in Northern Michigan. 45 minutes after lift off we were back on the ground. We are looking forward to a day trip to Mackinac Island and also one to Beaver Island this week if the weather cooperates. The end of this month we have our first cross country planned for a trip down to Kentucky's Mammoth Cave, them a quick hop over to West Virginia for a white water rafting trip with friends before heading back home.
10157360_10152326367212675_3884481072023535949_n.jpg

10351522_10152326367202675_2298352220215266998_n.jpg

Dave,
Keep this up and you'll be going IFR (I follow Rosie) to the Bahamas next spring! :D
Glad you had a great time, and enjoy the 10!

Congratulations

Congratulations Dave,

My wife and I had very similar experiences several years ago when our 10 was completed. She would ride in 4 if she really wanted to go someplace but that was not often. Now she is the regular right seat passenger with her own log book recording many hours, most on dog rescues.

We'll have to get together and or fly someplace together. We're based at Midland KIKW. The 4 was based at OZW for several years.

Best
Dick Sipp
RV-10 N110DV 540 hours

Congratulations. Those long xc trips seem so short in the 10. We can really cover some ground in comfort. Stop in for lunch with us at PMH on your way to WV if you want to.

Dave,

Congrats!

This reminds me that I still need to plan a trip this summer to visit the inlaws which are in your vicinity.

There is a group of central Ohio RVators that try to fly whenever the wx is good. We gets to Port Clinton quite often. Perhaps we can arrange to meet sometime?

If you have been there yet, they have a great diner and a museum next door.

Bob

Back