What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It Flies - First flight for N928MT

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Today with a small ground crew of my loving and supporting wife and some local enthusiasts, our RV-10 (N928MT) took flight for the first time. The flight went as planned and the new engine performed beautifully even while I drove it hard to help with the break-in.

After the pre-flights were done and I took the runway, the project took to being a plane before I knew it and I had forgotten for a bit that I had built this beast. The transition training with Mike Seager was a HUGE benefit and I am thoroughly pleased with how the training paid off.

After a racetrack pattern for 30 minutes, I landed without incident and even a respectable landing to boot. It was hard to make the decision to land and put the plane away as I just didn't want to stop flying.

A big thanks to everyone here that has helped answer questions during the build process and I look forward to getting out with the plane and continuing to be part of this great community.

First Flight Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=Jxk87bwLg_k

IMG_2109-Copy_zps07bbfb39.jpg

IMG_2110_zps2cc53ac9.jpg

Congratulations!!

Today with a small ground crew of my loving and supporting wife and some local enthusiasts, our RV-10 (N928MT) took flight for the first time.

Yet another fledgling leaves the nest:D:D

Good job Mark, congrats.

Tomorrows front page I'll bet :)

Now, about that paint job :rolleyes:

Last edited:
congrats

Mark and Trisha congratulations... cool video too. Mark I did not see your "cooper air" wings pinned to your shirt. Sounded healthy on climb out that's for sure.

congrats

well done. can't wait to post the same thing one day. If you ever fly near Jackson hole Wy please look me up and stop by. I would love to see your plane and maybe you could give me a few pointers on mine while in the build process.

Congrats Mark....was not that long ago I was at your place and you had a ways to go yet...Job well done!

A new journey begins. Congrats! Hope to be in our shoes in the next couple months.

Nice

Great work. Now break out that credit card and get the 40 flown off. 3 weeks till Oshkosh!!

Very happy for you and motivating for me (just into the empennage). Thank you for offering me a view of your project at the Arora field a few months ago. Seeing it in the video will be cool.

Congrats!

Congratulations Mark...nice plane, nice panel, priceless grin! Now it's time to change that signature line :D

Congrats Mark! I've been following your build since last all and that is a lot of hard work and beautiful craftsmanship. I have a lot of your blog posts bookmarked for our project! Congrats again.

Back