What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for RV-10 Partner in Northern NJ

MElstien

Well Known Member
I am about to start a build of an RV-10 in Northern NJ and I would entertain a build/equity partner of any variation. I would entertain any equity arrangement.

If you are interested in building and flying an RV-10, lets talk and see if some arrangement can be worked out.

I am prepping my 4 car garage as we speak. Tables are purchased, lighting is under review, heating is being quoted and the family is accepting. I am on my way to Sun-n-Fun late this week and I might even purchase the empannage while down there.

Regards,

I am about to start a build of an RV-10 in Northern NJ and I would entertain a build/equity partner of any variation. I would entertain any equity arrangement.

If you are interested in building and flying an RV-10, lets talk and see if some arrangement can be worked out.

I am prepping my 4 car garage as we speak. Tables are purchased, lighting is under review, heating is being quoted and the family is accepting. I am on my way to Sun-n-Fun late this week and I might even purchase the empannage while down there.

Well if you need a second set of hands just to help out I volunteer , please note I have no experience but will happily work as a grunt to gain some build experience.( The RV-14 has been on my mind lately but I need to get a pilots licence first!)

Juan

Well if you need a second set of hands just to help out I volunteer , please note I have no experience but will happily work as a grunt to gain some build experience.( The RV-14 has been on my mind lately but I need to get a pilots licence first!)

Juan

Juan,

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, especially somebody wanting to build a RV-10. I strongly suggest you talk to an insurance agent before you commit yourself to the build. Jenny at NationAir is a RV freindly agent and I'm sure she'll be happy to explain where you stand regarding insurance.

Typically it's next to impossible or extremely expensive for new pilots to insure a RV-10. The sweet spot for the RV-10 is 300 hours, IFR rating, and high performance sign off. I've heard of others getting insurance around 200 hours without the IFR, but you'll pay a premium penalty.

The good news is that it's going to take at least several years to build the RV-10, which gives you plenty of time to acquire the flying hours.

bob

Juan

Juan,

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, especially somebody wanting to build a RV-10. I strongly suggest you talk to an insurance agent before you commit yourself to the build. Jenny at NationAir is a RV freindly agent and I'm sure she'll be happy to explain where you stand regarding insurance.

Typically it's next to impossible or extremely expensive for new pilots to insure a RV-10. The sweet spot for the RV-10 is 300 hours, IFR rating, and high performance sign off. I've heard of others getting insurance around 200 hours without the IFR, but you'll pay a premium penalty.

The good news is that it's going to take at least several years to build the RV-10, which gives you plenty of time to acquire the flying hours. I just wanted to ensure that you didn't start the project blind, then find out the news after you made a major investment of time and money.

bob

Moving to N. NJ area

Mike,

I also sent you a PM. I'll be relocating to the N. NJ area, not far from where you are, in the next few months. While I've always dreamed of an -8, a -10 would be a great family truckster for me, the wife, and two kids.

Lets keep in touch over the next few months and get together when I'm in the area. I'm definitely interested.

Glenn

Juan,

The good news is that it's going to take at least several years to build the RV-10, which gives you plenty of time to acquire the flying hours. I just wanted to ensure that you didn't start the project blind, then find out the news after you made a major investment of time and money.

bob
No worries I was looking to help on a build so that I could learn about airplanes and get a better understanding of them. I had the same thought as you realistically I need at least 300 hours before I can transition to one of these birds. If I am able to get my ticket my plan is to progressively build time on the certified side then possibly transition to an RV.

Then again by the time the Pipistrel Panthera may be an option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BDYv9b4J7ps

Juan

Just food for thought -- building and flying are almost mutally exclusive activities from both a time and a money perspective for many folks. I count myself amongst that crowd. Now there are exceptions -- there are folks who built with a PPL and then went on to learn in their own plane, but that's rare.

My advice would be continue to learn about E-AB aircraft like you're doing, but focus on getting your ticket. Then when you've got some hours under your belt, you can get serious about building and/or owership, if in fact that's what you want to. The old adage is if you want to build, build. If you want to fly, buy.

Very interested in the Rv 10 build

I have been interested in the Rv 10 for a while now.but just haven't any idea where to start. I live in Bergen county. Some what close to to you. I would be very interested in a partnership (possible) or definitely assisting
you in any way.

Thanks jake
201-259-7844

Last edited:
I just Purchased the Tail-kit on Thursday.

I was told it should ship on Monday! I am now on to buying tools and finshing the garage layout.

I'm also interested in an RV10 partnership. I would be more open to buying than building, but would also be interested in helping out in a build project.

PM or email me at eneffinger AT gmail DOT com

Back