What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

POLL: Did you hand down your wing rack...

AAflyer

Well Known Member
...or fuel the fly-in bonfire with it?

Wondering how often builders-now-flyers successfully give their old wing rack to another builder?

Yes, listed it on this site and passed it on to someone. Hope they do the same when they're finished with it

I was handed down a NICE welded one (from previous RV4 & Rocket builder) but was to wide to fit through my doors so I handed that to another RV9 builder and built a more narrow rack (2.5ft vs. 4ft). Will hand that down too if someone wants it when I'm done with it. If not then firewood.

Us RV12 people keep ours, since the wings are required to come off each condition inspection!

Wing stand ...

I'm just the latest in one of many .....

2yyr4bb.jpg

Gave one away and only asked to replace / pay for the wheels.

Was given one a year ago from an RV-9A project because I had room to store it.

Cut it to pieces and hauled to the airport dumpster. Did ask here if anybody wanted it.

I "borrowed" BillC's wing rack, then used it. Dbro172 passed it on to rightrudder. Don't know where it is now!

Tried to give away a nice rolling Fuselage stand, no one wanted it. Took casters off and cut it up after a couple months.

Will try give away the wing stand in a couple of months after I mount the wings for the last time.

I got it second hand, passed it on when done with it.

Only request was that it be signed and passed on when he was done with it.

0_qh42lte4DQOB7whWCC2kNiHxa4AO499xQAvs4YajW5dard8Gm-VNGSkF4vUVr7PUka3S8Oevr45M4X7gopfyT2OYMAPgyjR_AcEOAa_w9cUhkoTm0ORqUEtzzx5NpQvZRPnPen_j4dYOqott5RAqUs7YE2xXDZ56CviGGGKJo17B7aZCwCI6xYbbIVXIV4NZ_k40X2hqZ55NLbTKInbBI-NXJcFbeMMG2e5-WUELZ3t0fmqfdQPALpnX-dqK4T2kbaRem-DEv0hk_BuHn6R_t0JtMmtn5uUK-R245H8lE9w2ug55tWB4f4mzsA0KT9J6Bol8zKEanDdiT2gTCi2EfPmICkjBHAc6oiJRoDHIoDEGoj3aQdclfFBYO6-oGAtRYppG9IubqkMhOpw6xLeoRV3EQ9w_l9nGYJMXISa9Wgyd7V-kDLGnui5H_VX4YCJIhn9nE3KLXIl0VVJga3uE_v4gVLTsH3zqsOzfJC6sZ_YgcA0A03Zn1V8QpAQtUDgo1qtWDuk5y9OK0hfU409Zlj0i_dSRP7XP8NysRWNDiuOWtnXrrIMjS4QESjzxPHnjyeHhZl_knVVi-QoqPBbGatH5STTfhj9C-_FIpeyV3T7wQdh_-m=w667-h888-no

Gave it to our local A&P who keeps a large collection of "fixtures" available to anyone who wants to use them. Everything from wing jacks to fuse rotation stands.

Back