What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tunnel

HansLab

Well Known Member
Dear experimental-builders,
Any of you considered making a tunnel in front of the seats to carry a throttle quadrant?

I wouldn't do it. On long solo cross-countries it is nice to be able to stretch out one's right leg by extending it across to the passenger side. :)

They are tough to find, but pictures of an early prototype of the -12 with a console and quadrant exist. Looked spiffy but took up more room than warranted IMO.

Correction - not a prototype - see pics later in this thread.

Last edited:
There is a photo on Flightline Interiors of a console installed in a RV12. I also have some photos of the construction. I can email the photos to you if you wish.

Mitch Garner
N2ET now flying..

Like DHEAL says

On long solo cross countries I move my legs all over the place. Have flown it both ways and a flat clear floor are the best. Steve

Mitch - I can't find them there now but that IS, I think, where I saw them. I thought I had saved them but can't find them. Please email to billhollifield AT iname DOT com and I'll post.

will try and upload picture of throttle quadrant

Seems like a bad idea??

Why would you want to block that beautiful open floor space? Am I missing something?:confused:

Back