What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fly Leds install

eddieseve

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

I d like to give a shout out for Paul at http://flyleds.com

I purchased one of Pauls kits for my RV7, it was easy to assemble and almost as easy to install had I read the instructions first;

2mxieq0.jpg

ir2n0i.jpg

dob4o1.jpg

Cheers

Agreed!

Super helpful when I made an ordering mistake even though it was my fault. Also an amazingly bright product. Haven?t powered mine up yet but a plane at Petit Jean had them on briefly one evening and they were awesome! Building them is a fun new experience too!

I'm doing it now for an old flaptop wingtip. The soldering is straight forward. the real challenge will be doing all the glass work to make a neat recess for the clear plastic cover. The kit is going together pretty easily. ****, I shouldn't have said that - I've probably jinxed it :(

+2!

I bought a kit from Paul as well, along with the tail light for the rudder bottom, and I absolutely love it! It was fun soldering it all together (I had never soldered anything before. Easy.) and I have it all fitted to the wingtips, lenses fitted and drilled, and my RV-7A is nearing completion.

I have shown many visitors to my hangar how excellent these lights work, just using a little 9-volt battery for the demo. Fun stuff!

Back