What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight

BobCollins(AA)

Well Known Member
Today was a great day. My first flight after 3 years of build my RV-7A. Uneventful flight flew as advertised. Did one clean stall and aircraft stalled at 50kts indicated at 4500ft which is well below van's advertised clean stall sped. I suspect my IAS is 7kts too slow. I have Dynon sky view and was wondering if there is a airspeed calibration procedure.

Good news Bob. Glad to see you are in the air! Have fun with the 40 and then the real fun starts!

Congrats on first flight, Bob. My son in Bellingham says you have the mildest winter in many years - great for flying!.

congrats Bob!!!!! ive been following your posts over the past 3 years with interest. i better get my building boots on, 4 years and counting now on slow build....

Bob, congrats...

You can now modify your "Interests" in your VAF profile from "hopefully building" to "completed." :)

Congrats!

Bob - I'm a first time user who is very interested in building an RV-7. I would be interested to know how many build hours you have in your project and whether you started with a quick build kit or standard kit. Thx.

Bob, Congratulations!

For those who haven't seen it, Bob is featured in a video shot just a few months ago where you can see that his plane was still just bits and pieces. Bob is at our home airport, so a lot of people at Dynon have been excited to follow his progress.

http://youtu.be/ZLbI76tc1CY

-Robert
Dynon Avionics

Great job Bob! I'm hoping someday soon we can do some RV-7 pattern flying after I finish up my build.

Back