VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

  #1  
Old 07-16-2021, 10:29 PM
Foam-the-runway's Avatar
Foam-the-runway Foam-the-runway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston
Posts: 59
Default Missing part in Cleaveland tool order

Ordered a main squeeze and yoke from Cleaveland. Main squeeze came but no 3" yoke. Invoice shows it was supposed to be in box. Strangely when I contacted them about missing part they said they were out. I was given the offer to purchase a 2.5" yoke. Spending another $100 for a .5" didn't make sense so I declined. Seems like the missing part should have been annotated on Invoice as a backorder. Waiting to see what happens.
Anyone ever experience this?
__________________
1978 C-172N
Toolbox kit
Airfoil kit
3 x EAA workbenches
Haven't decided which RV to build yet.
Assembling tools att...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2021, 06:34 AM
RV6_flyer's Avatar
RV6_flyer RV6_flyer is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NC25
Posts: 3,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foam-the-runway View Post
Ordered a main squeeze and yoke from Cleaveland. Main squeeze came but no 3" yoke. Invoice shows it was supposed to be in box. Strangely when I contacted them about missing part they said they were out. I was given the offer to purchase a 2.5" yoke. Spending another $100 for a .5" didn't make sense so I declined. Seems like the missing part should have been annotated on Invoice as a backorder. Waiting to see what happens.
Anyone ever experience this?
Earlier this week I did get an email from Cleaveland Tool that they are having supply problems getting stuff and that they were not going to be at Oshkosh this year. Over the past 30-years, Cleveland has been a the best tool company I deal with.
__________________
Gary A. Sobek
NC25 RV-6
Flying
3,400+ hours
Where is N157GS
Building RV-8 S/N: 80012

To most people, the sky is the limit.
To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2021, 09:19 AM
Foam-the-runway's Avatar
Foam-the-runway Foam-the-runway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6_flyer View Post
Earlier this week I did get an email from Cleaveland Tool that they are having supply problems getting stuff and that they were not going to be at Oshkosh this year. Over the past 30-years, Cleveland has been a the best tool company I deal with.
Thanks for providing that information. This is the only hiccup with almost $2k spent with them. Everything else has been flawless.
Looking at my order as fulfilled on their website when it's not creates a lil bit of concern.
Them missing Oshkosh is not a good sign.
__________________
1978 C-172N
Toolbox kit
Airfoil kit
3 x EAA workbenches
Haven't decided which RV to build yet.
Assembling tools att...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2021, 09:54 PM
Foam-the-runway's Avatar
Foam-the-runway Foam-the-runway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston
Posts: 59
Default

UPDATE....Problem corrected... Part on its way.
__________________
1978 C-172N
Toolbox kit
Airfoil kit
3 x EAA workbenches
Haven't decided which RV to build yet.
Assembling tools att...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2021, 08:45 AM
rv7boy's Avatar
rv7boy rv7boy is offline
Forum Peruser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Austinville, Alabama
Posts: 2,487
Default

I had no doubt you would receive your complete order. Cleaveland Aircraft Tool is a first class operation. I’ve never been disappointed ordering from them.
__________________
Don Hull
RV-7 Wings
KDCU Pryor Field
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/ADS-B In and Out...and I like it!

?Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2021, 10:27 AM
Foam-the-runway's Avatar
Foam-the-runway Foam-the-runway is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7boy View Post
I had no doubt you would receive your complete order. Cleaveland Aircraft Tool is a first class operation. I’ve never been disappointed ordering from them.
Yes!...I agree they're great people. The young lady took the extra step to show me what happened. Apparently two software systems weren't talking to each other. Innocent mistake they weren't aware of until I contacted them. It's all good...I immediately placed another order with them after this was cleared...
__________________
1978 C-172N
Toolbox kit
Airfoil kit
3 x EAA workbenches
Haven't decided which RV to build yet.
Assembling tools att...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2021, 07:22 AM
Presmini Presmini is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Palo Alto, Ca
Posts: 18
Default

I second the top notch service at Cleaveland. My 3” yoke was back ordered as well and they allowed me to build a “stash” of other orders and ship it all together when the yoke came back in stock. Saved me a few bucks.

When I received my initial order that had back ordered items, it was clearly marked...so must have been a weird glitch on your order. I will be ordering as much as possible from Cleaveland.

- Paolo
__________________
______________
RV-8 In Progress since 3/21
Empennage: Complete 3/21
Wing Kit: Backordered until 8/21
http://n679PG.blog
2021 Donation made 5/21
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.