What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A&Ps in the Tampa Area?

Phugoid

I'm New Here
I need to replace the rudder pedals in my RV6 that broke this week. I ordered a new set from Vans.

I am not a mechanic, nor did I build my airplane. While I think I can figure out how to make the repairs (I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once :)), this goes beyond preventative maintenance. I need an A&P to oversee/inspect and sign off the repairs.

Are there any A&Ps in the Tampa area that might help me out? I just brought the airplane down from TN about a month ago, but I didn't bring my AMT with me!

Apparently you don't quite understand what you bought.
As an Experimental-Amateur-Built airplane, you are free to work on it to your heart's content, no A&P oversight necessary, with the sole exception of the annual condition inspection. Now, it certainly is a good idea to get some help, if you are uncertain of what you're doing. But it is not required.

This guy will fix it! Jesse Saint 352-427-0285. He is located at X35 Marion County. That is close to you.

Apparently you don't quite understand what you bought.
As an Experimental-Amateur-Built airplane, you are free to work on it to your heart's content, no A&P oversight necessary, with the sole exception of the annual condition inspection. Now, it certainly is a good idea to get some help, if you are uncertain of what you're doing. But it is not required.

You are right. I’ve been under the impression that I could not do my own maintenance because I am not the builder. After a little research, I discovered I’m wrong. I can do my own maintenance.

That said, I still think I wanna have an A&P at least check my work!

Thanks.

I would probably go with Jesse to check my RV work!

He and his crew have probably seen it all!

Ron

You are right. I’ve been under the impression that I could not do my own maintenance because I am not the builder. After a little research, I discovered I’m wrong. I can do my own maintenance.

That said, I still think I wanna have an A&P at least check my work!

Thanks.

You have A & P service available on your field as well as another A&P/pilot based at Tampa North, Carlos Urbizu. (Flys a Mooney) I think he's in the first row of hangars, closest to I-75.

While Jesse is probably the best A&P for RV's in the state, why travel?

Back