What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich 3-blade - PIREP Please

Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
I’m considering props for my under construction RV6, to be O-360 powered. I’ve had the 2-blade Sensenich carbon GA prop on my O-360 powered RV4 and liked it. Wondering if anyone has experience with the 3-blade version of this prop?
Thanks.

I have the 3 blade on my O-320 powered RV-4. I think if you've already got experience with the 2 blade equivalent, there's not much to know. A little bit smaller diameter, perhaps a little bit smoother.

But all the stuff that makes it different compared to a metal FP or whatever (lighter, the pitch adjustment system etc), you've already got experience with.

I replaced my wood 2 blade with it and love it. My only complaint is that because of the design of the central hub, I don't have the option of adding a weighted crush plate on the front (I already have the ring weight on the flywheel). I really wish I could hang a few more pounds out there.

Thanks Tim. Good to know, I hadn’t considered that. Even with a 360 on my RV6, that nose weight might be an issue.

I’m considering props for my under construction RV6, to be O-360 powered. I’ve had the 2-blade Sensenich carbon GA prop on my O-360 powered RV4 and liked it. Wondering if anyone has experience with the 3-blade version of this prop?
Thanks.

We have 3 blades on our Aircam and I love them. The pitch is easy to set and they are smooth as silk. My only complaint is the paint on the tips is coming off a bit but when you operate in the water environment you have to manage expectations. Overall very happy with them!

Back