What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider Mod For Baggage Access

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
Maybe within the past year or so, there was a thread thread on baggage compartment access and how well the Supertracks mod works. A forum member posted a photo of his simple mod that involved cutting out a small area of the original track that allowed the canopy to lift out of the track to open up more clearance to get baggage in and out instead of the Supertracks mod. I would like to review that post again but can not find it. Any help here?

Meske Tipup

Try this, it’s the “Meske” tip up. There are a couple others along the same vein, and could be done yourself with some imagination. I investigated several options, but I think you will find that Supertracks is the safest and most straightforward, and best supported. I love mine, wouldn’t have a slider without them.

Try this, it’s the “Meske” tip up. There are a couple others along the same vein, and could be done yourself with some imagination. I investigated several options, but I think you will find that Supertracks is the safest and most straightforward, and best supported. I love mine, wouldn’t have a slider without them.

That's it. Thank you!

David,
If you decide to install the Meske slider tip up mod, I have the complete kit and can sell it to you at a good price. Let me know if you’re interested.

Dave & others,

What is the difficulty of adding the Meske mod? I bought an unused kit a while back. Then I saw the Super Tracks mod and haven’t installed the Meske mod. It sounds like they’re both good.

I installed the Meske slider modification to my old RV6 and I was very happy with it.

It was pretty easy to install, the directions were good. It was quite a while ago so I son't remember all the details.

Back