What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smart Glide Emergency Checklist

Bavafa

Well Known Member
Just wondering how do you get the emergency checklist button to show up on the Smart Glide screen? I just upgraded to the newest version and Smart Glide works as expected but I don't see the Emergency checklist button.

Edit:
Will someone please fix the typo in the subject, I can't edit the subject portion to fix the typo

Last edited:
Just wondering how do you get the emergency checklist button to show up on the Smart Glide screen? I just upgraded to the newest version and Smart Glide works as expected but I don't see the Emergency checklist button.

Edit:
Will someone please fix the typo in the subject, I can't edit the subject portion to fix the typo

Mehrdad,

Do you have G3X Touch electronic checklists on your system (created using the Checklist Editor) and does that checklist have an Emergency checklist page?

My Smart Glide page automatically had a button to activate and display the Emergency checklist page for my electronic checklists.

Steve

Mehrdad,

Do you have G3X Touch electronic checklists on your system (created using the Checklist Editor) and does that checklist have an Emergency checklist page?

My Smart Glide page automatically had a button to activate and display the Emergency checklist page for my electronic checklists.

Steve
Hi Steve,
I do have a electronic checklist that contains one group (Preflight) . Would I be making another subcategory/Group for the emergency and if so, does the wording matter or do I need to create a whole new file just for emergency?

I appreciate your feedback on this?

Thanks
Mehrdad

Hi Steve,
I do have a electronic checklist that contains one group (Preflight) . Would I be making another subcategory/Group for the emergency and if so, does the wording matter or do I need to create a whole new file just for emergency?

I appreciate your feedback on this?

Thanks
Mehrdad

Mehrdad,

You will just need to create a new checklist in your existing .ace checklist file named Emergency.

You can see that my checklist.ace file has several checklists, with one named Emergency.

Checklists.png

I am not aware of any other requirement to getting the Emergency Checklist button to become available on the Smart Glide page.

Steve

Last edited:
Mehrdad,

You will just need to create a new checklist in your existing .ace checklist file named Emergency.

You can see that my checklist.ace file has several checklists, with one named Emergency.

View attachment 21044

I am not aware of any other requirement to getting the Emergency Checklist button to become available on the Smart Glide page.

Steve
Steve,
I will rename my file to Emergency and see if that does the trick. I had two files, one for preflight, ect and one just for emergency and it was named Emergency and that did not work.

Thanks again for your suggestion

Steve,
I will rename my file to Emergency and see if that does the trick. I had two files, one for preflight, ect and one just for emergency and it was named Emergency and that did not work.

Thanks again for your suggestion

Mehrdad,

That is not at all what I said to do. Renaming your checklist file to Emergency will have no positive effect. Please re-read my post and look at my checklist.ace file example!

You can only have one checklist file, which may contain many checklists, one of which must be named Emergency if you want the emergency checklist to be available on the Smart Glide page.

Steve

Mehrdad,

That is not at all what I said to do. Renaming your checklist file to Emergency will have no positive effect. Please re-read my post and look at my checklist.ace file example!

You can only have one checklist file, which may contain many checklists, one of which must be named Emergency if you want the emergency checklist to be available on the Smart Glide page.

Steve

Steve,
Sorry, after looking at your posted checklist I realized that but was so excited to change mine that I forgot to edit/correct the reply. I have now done exactly as yours and will test it today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.

Steve,
Sorry, after looking at your posted checklist I realized that but was so excited to change mine that I forgot to edit/correct the reply. I have now done exactly as yours and will test it today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.

Great! It sounds like you are good to go!

Steve

Back