What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Former Vans Deluxe Fuel Cap Locating

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I recently lost a fuel cap that was purchased from Vans in the 2012-2014 date range that was then called "The Delux Fuel cap" but was just a Newton Aero fuel cap (https://www.newton-equipment.com/aero-range.html). However, Vans no longer sells this style (the Deluxe is from the RV14 plastic style now). Builder support doesn't have any records of what the part was from Newton. I have an email off to Newton to ask if they happen to have any record of which cap they sold to Vans.

Would anyone here happen to know? It is either the Aero 200 or 300 based on visuals alone, but I am trying to double check. Thanks!

Those are not the right ones for the OP. They are a retro fit for the original tank hole, where you proseal in an insert piece and the retro caps fit into the insert.

The OP is looking for the Newton aero 30L I believe. Newton will get back to you if you email a few times. They still make those caps, unfortunately for us newer builders, Vans changed the tank skins to take the RV-14 style cap. Although the cap is larger diameter, and works better than the original (stiff) caps, they only come gray plastic and are called SPRL. There isn’t a nice aluminum version yet. Newton said they are working on an aluminum version, but I don’t know if they are.. (The plastic ones happen to be made by Newton also, so if Newton is listening, please make the aluminum ones to fit the larger “SPRL” holes!)

Back