What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Checking-in with a request

Axhammer

I'm New Here
Hello everyone. I just joined the site so I can make a request. I'm a retired US Coast Guard helicopter mechanic, PP SEL/A&P. I am attending Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. I have to write a paper demonstrating my understanding of aeronautical knowledge relating to aircraft performance. I want to use an RV-8 for this purpose, but I need the performance data from a finished airplane. I was hoping someone would provide the following info:
1-Aircraft weight, engine/prop/installed equipment
2-weight & balance chart for determining CG limitations
3-Take-off/landing performance charts
I need all the info required for normal flight planning. My paper will cover sea-level take-off with the pilot landing at a high elevation airport for passenger pickup, and return. It will demonstrate the effects of taking off heavy at a high density altitude in the heat of the day as compared to the morning departure from a sea level airfield well below max gross. I figure I might as well have some fun with this, otherwise I'll just get data for a 172 off the internet and use that. Hopefully someone will help me out with this .

And for the record, I did buy the RV-8 pre-view plans back in 1998 or 1999 at Sun-N-Fun, but my life changed course slightly.

Thanks! Ax

Back