What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need part number for the long rivets on Matco brakes

bruceh

Well Known Member
I bought new Rapco pads from Aircraft Spruce to replace my worn out disc brake pads. The kit came with plenty of brake rivets, but it looks like they are all the shorter RA105-00200 size. These shorter rivets work fine for the inner pad, which sits on thinner material. The outer pad on the Matco brakes is sitting on a much thicker material. The rivets I drilled out on the thicker side look to be about 3/8" instead of 1/4". Where can I get some longer brake rivets? Aircraft Spruce only lists the shorter rivets.

IMG_1218-M.jpg

Too short!
IMG_1219-M.jpg

Matco stocks the long MSC4-6 rivets.

Funny thing - I bought Van's brake pad kit to replace the pads on the stock Cleveland system. Vans sent me the Matco product which comes with both -4 and -6 rivets. But I think I need shorter rivets because there is a .02 gap between the new pads and the backing plate after I set the rivets. A call to Vans tech support suggested I call Matco. However, Matco is closed until Monday.

www.matcomfg.com

I saw the rivets listed on the Matco site, but the minimum order charge is $10! At .10 each, that is a lifetime supply!

Looks like Wicks also stocks these MSC4-6 rivets.

Look at it this way. For 10 bucks you could be flying and not still looking
Some of your friends will probably need a few
You could be the local RV/Matco brake rivet supply.

Happy New year. :))

Larry

Need 3 MSC4-6 rivets

The kit I bought from Spruce also had 0 MSC4-6 rivets and now I'm down until my order to Matco is delivered. Not sure how long that is going to take.

Anyone have 3 spare rivets to share with me until then?

Any truck brake shops near you? Take a sample to see if they can match it up.
I had to do this years ago, & it got the plane going quick.

Back