What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sticking to it

sticking to it

Thanks to you Bob ,
I enjoyed an unexpected event over the weekend ...
I was visiting the shop of my fellow builder, Jeremy Yoder (He is building an
exquisite RV7) when he pulled out his new copy of KITPLANES and asked me
to autograph it !

Thanks again for taking my ragged information and making it readable .

Ps; The finish kit has arrived and I am busy working on the firewall
attachments ...

Time is Short !!!

Thanks to you Bob ,
I enjoyed an unexpected event over the weekend ...
I was visiting the shop of my fellow builder, Jeremy Yoder (He is building an
exquisite RV7) when he pulled out his new copy of KITPLANES and asked me
to autograph it !

Thanks again for taking my ragged information and making it readable .

Ps; The finish kit has arrived and I am busy working on the firewall
attachments ...

Time is Short !!!

Nicely Done article. Thanks for sharing...

Get Her DONEEEE SAM!

I can really relate, X2. I built the wings and tail of the -6A in the living room of a 2-bedroom apartment, slowly, while Judith attended medical school. Then the parts languished in storage while she did her residency. After that, I did a slow two years on the fuselage before she made partner in an anesthesia group and our accountant told us we could afford the engine and instruments. After that, it went pretty quickly except I was going to school for my degree, so 13 years total.

For the -10, I thought it would be pretty quick. The basic airframe was done in about three years. But installing the panel, I had a problem with the VP-200 (my fault) and the system had been abandoned by the new owners, so it had to go back to Aerotronics to be redone around the VP-X. Then I had to wait for the engine to be built (worth it. Barrett Precision do a wonderful job). Then the lift the fuselage was on failed and, before I could start fixing the damage, a faculty member passed away and I found myself with a full teaching schedule right in the middle of the panel change for the -6A. That was three years ago and I am just now getting back to building. Started in 2009 and I don't predict an end time. When people ask, I just say "Tuesday", without specifying year or month. But it will fly.

Back