What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SKYVIEW ADSB

HBpilot

I have another question about ADSB and Skyview. I have a certified install of the Skyview HDX. The reason I ask my question here, is because I know that most people here have done the installation and know a lot about the subject.
Before I get my AVIONIC installer to open everything up again, I want to make sure of one thing.
I get an issue where I seem to lose ADSB ok, going to TIS ok. I lose traffic information but still seem to have WX data. My question is, at low altitude (Florida), 1500ft above the ground, is it normal to lose ADSB ?
I emailed dynon and they said to check that my connection (cable) to the ADSB module is not too close to the Xpdr connection.
Any take on that ?
Thanks

There is an issue that causes the ADSB system to fail down to TIS traffic even with a good ADSB signal. Unfortunately, the fix is not yet available to certified aircraft until Version 16 is approved for use in the certified systems.
It should be available soon for certified aircraft. I expect this will solve the issue for you.

Back