What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - Central HS (WI) Laura Beinecke 1st Solo Flight

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Eagle-s Nest Projects - Central High School (WI)
July 23, 2020

Central High School Student Laura Beinecke Completes 1st Solo Flight

Laura Beinecke and Dan Lund, CFI
IMG_2025%5B1%5D-L.jpg

Laura is an outstanding student at Central HS (WI), a member of the school's aviation club, and she is currently working on the build of the school's 3rd aircraft; a Van's Aircraft RV-12iS sponsored by Eagle's Nest Projects.

Words from Laura:
"It felt like it went by so fast. Mr Lund, my instructor, went up with me and we did a few traffic patterns before he hopped out and I was on my own. It was a bit nerve-wracking going up by myself but I knew that I had plenty of practice in patterns and that I was ready. Overall it was a great experience and wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be." -Laura

Instructor, Dan Lund remarks:
"Laura is very light on the controls and has a good feel for the airplane. It was a beautiful day; we did a few takeoff and landings before I jumped out and gave Laura solo control of Falcon 2. She did three nice landings before taxing back to the hanger for a quick celebration." - Dan Lund, CFI

Congratulations Laura on your outstanding accomplishment! I'm guessing that "9" might be your new lucky number... in a very short time you'll be in line to become the 9th student at Central High School to receive a Private Pilot License! Keep up the great work! - Ernie Butcher

Back