What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I have been lurking.. Now I am Official!!

Zac@AerosportProducts

Well Known Member
Hey everyone!

I have been hanging out on this site for about a year and a half now since I started working at Aerosport Products. I have gotten to know several of you over the last year or so via telephone, Oshkosh and email. I look forward to meeting many more in the future. A lot of conversations have started with RV-10 talk and questions about our products and have evolved to other personal hobbies. I consider a lot of you guys as friends now even though we have never met.

I want to thank Geoff Combs for giving me this opportunity and I am excited to help many of you with your build/design decisions. I remember when I first met Geoff and thought he was a crazy nut for building his own airplane. He probably thought I was just as crazy for dating his daughter. Now here we are. HA

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns and/or comments at [email protected] and 614-834-8659.

Thanks

Zac Holcomb

Ps. Starkey - You are on the clock!! Haha

Welcome to VAF!

Zac----------stop the clock.

Oh, and
welcome.gif
aboard.

Zac,
Glad to see you on the forum, my rudder trim works great thanks for calling to check up on me. Now if you could come down and help install the headliner ;).
Tim

Mike - I was trying to time it up so that your kind welcome to me would be your 10,000th post but peer pressure prevailed. Thank you kindly.

Tim - Thanks for the welcome. On the headliner install you want to line up the window cut out first. Then trim to fit from there. The window cut out should be right on. If you have any questions let me know. You know what, pack up the headliner and fly up and we will help you and have your carpet kit ready too!

Ed - Under fire already? I thought we were pals?.. We are still weighing our options on a new panel design. Any advice/opinions/ideas are gladly welcome. We are here because of builders like you.

Turbo - how about checking out our Instagram feed: @AerosportProducts
http://instagram.com/aerosportproducts

Brent - Thank you very much.

Tim - Thanks for the welcome. On the headliner install you want to line up the window cut out first. Then trim to fit from there. The window cut out should be right on. If you have any questions let me know. You know what, pack up the headliner and fly up and we will help you and have your carpet kit ready too!

One suggestion that I'll add from lessons learned the hard way. I thought I would be smart and trim my headliner while it was still upside down on the bench. It fit perfectly.

I later glassed over the window joints, which moved the edge of the window in about a 1/8". The edging was able to cover some of this, but not all. So my advice is to wait to trim the headliner if you are planning on glassing in the window joints. I'm going to paint the inside of the window flat black behind the glass to make it blend in with the trim edging.

Last edited:
Bob,

Hopefully I won't have to wait until they are through college. By then I may be one of the first builders of the RV-20. It is still a super secret project at Van's so don't tell anyone. They don't even know about it yet. :)

Welcome Zac

Welcome to Vans Forums Zac, and THANK YOU so very much for the prompt
processing of my Panel order two weeks ago. I got it in only two days!!
Alan

Welcome to the madness, Zac.

You're going to have a lot of fun building the 10 for you and your baby(ies).:D

You got it, Alan! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the 'Downloads' tab on our website for installation instructions. If you need anything at all give me a call. Thanks for the welcome.

Mike - Not enough time now, but someday I am sure there will be. I still have a lot to learn.

Last edited:
Back