What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A panel upgrade

vic syracuse

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Mentor
I thought I would share a recent panel upgrade I just completed this week end because it has a personal side to it. See, I originally built the RV-7A in 2009. Carol and I flew it for a number of years, including a trip to the Bahamas. And I equipped it with Chelton EFIS's, which were state of the art back then (Chelton was actively engaged in Experimental aviation). We sold the airplane to Steve Jarrell a number of years ago, and this past summer I received a call from Stein telling me Steve was wanting a panel upgrade and wondering if I would be willing to do it? Of course I would. I also wanted to have the chance to rewire something I had originally wired myself. Should be fun! Certainly there would be no one else to blame. :)

So, here's a before and after picture.

I really like it and can't wait for Steve to see it. :)

Vic did an outstanding job and was an absolute pleasure to work with. His attention to detail and workmanship is simply as good as it gets. Vic was involved in both the planning and equipment ordering stages and then did a phenomenal job not only on the installation, but also on both the configuration of the equipment and thorough flight testing. It truly was a "turnkey" project.

In addition to the avionics upgrade Vic also did a condition inspection for me and caught a couple of things that had gone unnoticed previously. He is VERY thorough and detail oriented.

I couldn't be happier with both Baseleg Aviation (Vic) and SteinAir and I HIGHLY recommend both of them. They're a great combination for this type of work!

Back